Chippewa County offers a rural well water testing service.
This service is beneficial to homeowners and families who:
- Get their drinking water from private wells.
- Have expectant mothers, infants, children, or immune suppressed family members.
- Land use activities in rural areas can affect the quality of groundwater. Nitrate Nitrogen (NO3-N) is a good indicator of groundwater pollution.
HOW IT WORKS
- We work with Commercial Testing Laboratory in Colfax to underwrite the costs of a nitrate test. Participants are charged a $8.00 fee.
- Water bottles can be picked up at the Department of Land Conservation & Forest Management, #11, 711 N. Bridge Street, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729.