Wisconsin Division of Energy Services
The Wisconsin Division of Energy Services provides services to Wisconsin qualified residential households with energy assistance and weatherization needs. To learn about the energy assistance services, visit their website athttp://www.homeenergyplus.wi.gov/ or call 1-866-432-8947.
Energy Assistance applications for the 2018-2019 heating season are being accepted by appointment in Cornell, Stanley, and Bloomer during the month of September. Click here for details.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ENERGY ASSISTANCE IN CHIPPEWA COUNTY
- Call 715-726-7840 to schedule a 15 minute face-to-face or telephone appointment with an Energy Assistance worker. With this option, it is NOT necessary to complete the application, but you will be informed of the required documents needed for the appointment.
- Complete an energy assistance application.
- Form available above - can be printed out and then filled in by hand OR filled in online and then printed.
- Call 715-726-7840 to request an application be mailed to you.
- Completed applications (along with the required documents - see checklist above) can be returned by mail or dropped off at the Human Services/Economic Support reception desk Room 305 (third floor) of the Chippewa County Courthouse located at 711 North Bridge Street in Chippewa Falls.
For information on utility disconnect, fuel or furnace emergencies call Chippewa County Economic Support at 715-726-7840.