Northwest Connections is the provider of Emergency Mental Health Services (telephone and mobile crisis) in Chippewa County through their 24/7 toll free number 888-552-6642. Chippewa County continues to offer walk in crisis services during business hours.
HOW TO GET HELP:If there are concerns involving running away and/or dangerousness please contact Law Enforcement if they are not already there.
Contact Northwest Connections Crisis Line
- The telephone worker will ask you several questions as part of an assessment that can include:
- Your name, entity and location, who are you calling about, address, DOB, phone number
- What is the crisis situation
- Risks identified
- Do you have any history with this person or family
- Who is there (family, friends)
- If this is a juvenile have the parents/guardians been contacted
- Does this person have a current mental health or substance abuse provider
- After gathering this information the telephone worker will assist in determining the next step(s), which may include, but are not limited to the following in any particular order:
- Further consultation with other parties (patient, physicians, nurses, social workers, family, friends, witnesses, etc.) including the person in crisis.
- Community Safety Planning (stabilization in the community with a plan for safety). Are there community options for safety that may include family/friends/other providers?
- Further evaluation by mobile responder (face to face). This person is a trained crisis worker who can assist the person and/or family.
- Voluntary Inpatient Behavioral Health Admission.
- Emergency Detention approval (Involuntary Psychiatric Hospitalization).
Linkage and Follow-up Services
Following all crisis calls, the Chippewa County Department of Human Services reaches out to the caller to provide resources, referrals, and support, as needed.