Highway Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
You must obtain a permit from the Chippewa County Highway Department for the following:

Driveway Installation:
Anytime that a new access point is needed off a County Trunk Highway, you will need a “Driveway permit”.

You must also obtain a permit if a revision or addition is made to any existing driveway/access point; this includes any changes in land use which would generate greater traffic volumes. Side slopes shall be earth material only. No concrete, rock, stone, wood, timber or bituminous side slope shall be constructed. This is a joint permit that is required by the Chippewa County Planning & Zoning Department.

Work in Right of Way Permit [PDF]:

Permit to construct, operate and maintain within the highway right of way. This permit is used for any type of private work within Chippewa County Highway right of way no matter how minor the work may be.

Over-sized Load Permit [PDF]:
Anytime an over width, height or weight load is moved on the Chippewa County Highway Trunk system a permit is required. Single trip, Reoccurring and Seasonal permits require load size, route, vehicle and insurance information.

Utility Permit [PDF]:
Any utility work within Chippewa County Highway right of way requires a permit. Chippewa County Highway Utility policy. No private utilities are allowed in county right of way.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer