Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Emergency measures are in place due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). We encourage you to make your payments electronically instead of in-person. 


Did you know that . . .

  • A suspension of your driving privileges or jail does not replace the dollar amount of the fine you owe? You still have to pay the money!
  • You will have to pay a fee to the Department of Motor Vehicles to reinstate your driving privileges?
  • The Department of Revenue intercepts more than $100,000 in state tax refunds for the Chippewa County Clerk of Courts each year?   
  • A civil judgment against you affects your ability to obtain a loan?     

Pay by Credit Card On-line or by Telephone!

Option #1

Wisconsin Court System site:   Payments can be made using MasterCard, VISA or electronic check with the following non-refundable fees charged by US Bank to process the payment:
  • Credit card - 2.75% convenience fee
  • Electronic check - $2.50 flat fee

Option #2

GovPayNow:  Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover credit or debit card

Payments can be made 24 hours a day - use Pay Location Code: 1116

  • To make your payment online go to:
    • Internet service fee - percentage rate based on payment amount
  • To make your payment by telephone call: 1-888-604-7888
    • Phone service fee - percentage rate based on payment amount 

If you are unable to pay in full, it is your responsibility to contact the Clerk of Courts Office within 14 days of the date of conviction to request a Deferred Payment Agreement. You may complete the Payment Plan Form and return it to the Clerk of Courts Office or contact us to request a form at 715-726-7758 Extension 4.  If the Total Amount Due is not paid in full by the date due and you have not requested a Deferred Payment Agreement, one or more of the following enforcement actions will be taken against you:
  • arrest and commitment to the county jail
  • suspension of your driving privileges or wildlife license privileges
  • a civil judgment entered against you
  • referral to a collection agency
  • certification to the Department of Revenue for interception of your tax refund
  • income assignment through your employer
Mail payment to:

Clerk of Circuit Court
711 N. Bridge St.
Chippewa Falls, WI  54729

Contact the Clerk of Circuit Court Office at 715-726-7758
Office hours 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.  Monday - Friday (Closed Holidays)