Traffic & Ordinances

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Emergency measures are in place due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). We encourage you to make your payments electronically instead of in-person. 


  • When is my court date?
    • The date indicated on your citation is the date and time of your initial appearance. If you do not have your citation, you can check WCCA for the date.


  • How can I plead Not Guilty?
    • If the date on your citation is not a mandatory appearance and you wish to plead Not Guilty, you may do this by mail or fax prior to the date on your citation. You must include the citation number, or a copy of the citation, and a written statement of your plea with your current mailing address, phone number, signature and date. This plea must be received before the court date on the citation.
      • Mail to: Chippewa County Clerk of Courts
        711 N. Bridge St. Room 220
        Chippewa Falls, WI  54729
      • Fax to:715-726-7786
      • In Person: You may complete a Not Guilty Plea form in the Clerk of Courts office during regular business hours of 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
  • What if I cannot make my court date? Can I change the date?
    • The court date cannot be changed. If you want to speak to someone about the citation, you would need to enter a Not Guilty plea prior to the court date. Without an appearance or a Not Guilty plea, you will be found guilty and a default judgment would be entered against you. Payment will be due within 30 days.


  • What happens if I don’t show up?
    • If it is not a mandatory appearance and you do not enter a Not Guilty plea and do not show up to the initial appearance, you will be found guilty and a default judgment is entered. Payment will be due within 30 days from the court date.


  • Can I reopen my case?
    • If you missed your court date and would like to reopen the case, you will need to file a Motion to Reopen. A $50 fee may be charged if approved by the Judge.


  • Can I pay on the phone/online?
    • Payments with Discover, MasterCard, Visa and American Express can be made 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You will need your citation number, pay location code 1116 and court date (if unknown, you may use today’s date). A non-refundable fee will be charged to process the payment.
    • Payments can also be made using MasterCard, VISA or electronic check on the Wisconsin Court System website. A non-refundable fee will be charged to process the payment.
  • Why is my license revoked/suspended? Can I reinstate my license?
    • You can check the DOT Licensing Eligibility website to find out why your license is suspended or revoked.You can also reinstate your license from this site.


  • Can I get an occupational license?

Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Wisconsin Circuit Court Case Search
DMV Service Locations
Community Counseling:715-723-1221