Family Division

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Who do I contact if I have questions about Family?

Family Clerk
Clerk of Courts Office
711 North Bridge Street
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729

Phone 715-726-7758 (Extension 6)

Fax 715-726-7786


How do I file for Divorce/Legal Separation?


An annulment is a court procedure that declares that a marriage never existed. A court may annul a marriage only under limited circumstances. Short term marriage is not a legal reason for annulment. See Wisconsin Statute 767.313.

How do I file a Motion?

What if I can’t pay the filing fee?

Petition for Waiver of Fees and Costs - Affidavit of Indigency and Order – Form CV-410A

How can I get a copy of my divorce or court order?

  • Go in person to the Clerk of Courts in the county the case is filed and provide a case number or enough information for the clerk to locate the file. If it’s an archived file a $5.00 search fee may be required.
  • You may also request copies by phone or by mail. Payment will be required before the documents may be sent or picked up.

Grandparent Rights/Visitation

  • No forms available - must draft own original forms
  • Filing fee required
  • Contact Clerk of Courts Office for more information or seek legal assistance




6:30 to 8:00 PM  - Chippewa Falls Public Library

  • Volunteer Attorneys will be on hand to answer general questions and provide basic information about your legal questions.
  • Chippewa Falls Public Library Sponsored by: The Chippewa County Bar Association, The State Bar of Wisconsin & The Chippewa Falls Public Library

Other Resources:

Family Support Center

715-723-1138 • 403 N. High Street Chippewa Falls, WI 54729

Try Mediation, Inc.

715-839-6295 • 721 Oxford Avenue Eau Claire, WI 54703