Due to safety precautions having to do with Covid-19 (coronavirus), it has been determined that all non time-mandated by law cases will be rescheduled to reduce traffic in the court system. We apologize for any inconvenience; however, we must maintain public safety for all. Thank you for understanding.
If your case has been rescheduled, you will be receiving notice either by mail or if you are represented, by your attorney. If you have any questions, please contact the Court at the following numbers:
Branch 1 – 715-726-7781
Branch 2 – 715-726-7783
Branch 3 – 715-738-7300
We encourage you to submit new cases and documents using the e-Filing system.
Who do I contact if I have questions about Family?
Clerk of Courts Office
711 North Bridge Street
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Phone 715-726-7758 (Extension 6)
How do I file for Divorce/Legal Separation?
- Basic guide to divorce/legal separation
- Chippewa County Requirements/Checklist
- Parenting Class Options – The final hearing for dissolution of the marriage will not be held until the parties have attended and completed a Parent Education Session.
An annulment is a court procedure that declares that a marriage never existed. A court may annul a marriage only under limited circumstances. Short term marriage is not a legal reason for annulment. See Wisconsin Statute 767.313.
How do I file a Motion?
- Instructions, Motion to Change Placement, Custody and Support: $50 filing fee Form FA-4170 and Order for Mediation Form
- Motion to Change ONLY Support or Maintenance: $30 filing fee Form FA-4170
- Instructions, Order to Show Cause for Remedial Contempt: No filing fee required Form FA-4171
What if I can’t pay the filing fee?
Petition for Waiver of Fees and Costs - Affidavit of Indigency and Order – Form CV-410A
How can I get a copy of my divorce or court order?
- Go in person to the Clerk of Courts in the county the case is filed and provide a case number or enough information for the clerk to locate the file. If it’s an archived file a $5.00 search fee may be required.
- You may also request copies by phone or by mail. Payment will be required before the documents may be sent or picked up.
- No forms available - must draft own original forms
- Filing fee required
- Contact Clerk of Courts Office for more information or seek legal assistance
FREE LEGAL CLINIC - PUBLIC INVITED
- FOURTH WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH
6:30 to 8:00 PM - Chippewa Falls Public Library
- Volunteer Attorneys will be on hand to answer general questions and provide basic information about your legal questions.
- Chippewa Falls Public Library Sponsored by: The Chippewa County Bar Association, The State Bar of Wisconsin & The Chippewa Falls Public Library
715-723-1138 • 403 N. High Street Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
715-839-6295 • 721 Oxford Avenue Eau Claire, WI 54703