Who do I contact if I have questions about a Criminal Case?
Clerk of Courts Office
711 North Bridge Street
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
715-726-7758 Extension 2
Online criminal forms: http://www.wicourts.gov/forms1/circuit/formcategory.jsp?Category=8
How do I look up my case online?
The WI Circuit Court Access Database, WCCA provides access to certain public records of the Wisconsin circuit courts.
How do I qualify for a public defender attorney?
Contact the Public Defender’s Office
21 S. Barstow 3rd Floor
Eau Claire, WI 54701
What if I’m denied a public defender attorney?
Obtain a copy of the I-form (application for public defender) and call or go in person to Clerk of Courts to complete the following:
Petition for Appointment of an Attorney, Affidavit of Indigency and Order - Form GF-152
This form is to be completed and the signature to be notarized. The Clerk of Courts will notarize upon filing with proper photo identification. The Clerk of Courts will forward both documents to the Judge for approval or denial.
Notarize (definition):The act of officially certifying a legal document by a notary public. The purpose of having a legal document notarized is to ensure the authenticity of the signatures that appear on the document.
Other Legal Resources
FREE LEGAL CLINIC - PUBLIC INVITED
FOURTH WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH
6:30 PM to 8:00 PM – Chippewa Falls Public Library
- Volunteer Attorneys will be on hand to answer general questions and provide basic information about your legal questions.
- Sponsored by: The Chippewa County Bar Association, The State Bar of Wisconsin & The Chippewa Falls Public Library
Posting Cash Bond (for yourself, a friend or a relative)
- It doesn’t matter if you post a Cash Bond for yourself or a friend or a relative, there is a RISK involved.
- If you decide to post a Cash bond, and it is during business hours, you may post the cash bond at either your nearest Law Enforcement facility (not the Chippewa County Jail) or at the Chippewa County Clerk of Courts.
- If it is before or after business hours, you may post the cash bond at either your nearest Law Enforcement facility or the Chippewa County Jail.
- Only Cash, Money Order, or a Certified Bank Check will be accepted at the Clerk of Courts.
- Cash, Money Order, Certified Bank Check or Credit Card will be accepted at either the Law Enforcement facilities or the Chippewa County Jail.
- Explanation of Risks involved in posting Cash Bond:
- There is no guarantee that you will get any or all of the cash posted returned to you.
- The Cash Bond may be applied, by Order of the Court at Sentencing, to court costs, fines/forfeitures or restitution.
- If the defendant violates any condition of bond, re-offends, or misses any court dates, the Court may order a forfeiture of the cash bond posted. The defendant and the person who posted would receive a Notice of this and be allowed 30 days to respond in person or writing to the Court.
- If the defendant misses a court date, the Court can order the forfeiture of the cash bond posted without any further notice.
Wisconsin Licensing and Registration http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/drivers/index.htm
- Ignition Interlock Devices - shall be installed prior to defendant obtaining a valid driver's license or occupational license. However, the length of Ignition Interlock Device will begin when a valid driver's license or occupational license has been issued.
You must contact one of the following vendors to schedule the installation of an IID in your vehicle.
A list of Service Centers is available at: www.dot.state.wi.us/statepatrol/services/chemtest.htm
715-738-3200 770 Technology Way, Suite 200 Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Community Counseling Services
715-723-1221 16947 County Highway X Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Provides alcohol assessments. Oversee the Intoxicated Driver Intervention Program.
Removal of Arrest Information/Expungement