If you are a young adult transitioning from high school and/or children’s programs to adult programs, the Aging and Disability Resource Center is here to help you make that transition as smooth as possible. The Options Counselors and the Disability Benefit Specialist can help provide information on:
- Housing options
- Vocational options after high school
- Information on applying for Social Security benefits
- Long term care services and programs for adults
- Information on guardianship and power of attorney documents
- Information on mental health services
When to contact the ADRC?
- You can call or visit the ADRC at any time to ask questions and get information on community resources and services.
- At age 17.5 years, the ADRC can assist you in determining financial and functional eligibility for the adult publicly funded programs of Family Care or IRIS.
- www.familycarealliance.org Southwest Family Care Alliance information
- www.wisconsin-iris.com Include, Respect, I Self Direct information
- www.socialsecurity.gov Social Security administration information
- http://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/students_with_special_needs.php Jefferson County Youth Transition Brochure
- www.witig.org Wisconsin Statewide Transition Initiative