Delivering Meals on Wheels is a great way to give back to the community.
During this time, we have implemented safety measures to encourage social distancing, as well as using protective equipment & supplies while delivering meals.
Why volunteer for Meals on Wheels?
- Feel good knowing you are helping others by delivering a hot nutritious meal. Many participants cannot provide adequate food for their health.
- Provide socialization for those that are homebound. For many, volunteers are the only people participants see and talk to.
- Help people stay in their own home. This program often leads to other services that can help people stay and flourish in their own home. Volunteers can be the key to the connection.
What is the commitment?
We have volunteers that deliver once a week, twice a month, as s fill-in, or even seasonally. We have some groups that rotate shifts and couples that enjoy volunteering together. We know everyone is busy and will work with what fits your schedule.
When is delivery?
Monday thru Friday around the noon hour. Most routes are about an hour, some a little more depending on the route. No weekends or holidays.
How to get started?
There is a volunteer application that includes a background check. After the application is approved you will be contacted for orientation and training. There are a few options to submit your application:
Option 1: Submit electronically (no email needed): https://form.jotform.com/201326356263046
- Option 2: Complete the Volunteer Paperwork & submit one of the following ways:
- Enter information into the fillable PDF & email to Kelly
- Print the PDF, handwrite information & submit to our office
- If none of the above options work for you, just let us know and we will be happy to provide you with the paperwork via mail or pre-arranged pick up.
Completed paperwork and/or questions can be directed to:
Attn: Kelly Zimmerman
ADRC of Chippewa County
711 N Bridge St Rm 118
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729