The Elder Benefit Specialist Program is a federal and state mandated advocacy program designed to provide older adults with assistance. This includes educating about public and private benefit programs, screening seniors to determine what benefits they are entitled to, helping seniors apply for and secure benefits, and advocating with them to resolve problems with benefits/denials through an appeal process.Who is eligible for Elder Benefit Specialist services?
- Anyone 60 or Older
- Call ahead for an appointment - (715) 726-7777
- No Charge for Service
What Types of Questions Can an Elder Benefit Specialist Answer?
- Do I have to repay a Social Security or SSI overpayment if it was not my fault?
- Will Medicare or Medical Assistance cover my nursing home stay?
- How will I pay all of my medical bills?
- I have been denied SSI or Social Security disability benefits. What can I do about it?
- What programs are available to provide services to help me remain in my home?
- Medicare denied my claim for a certain service or procedure. Can anything be done?
- Are there any new or recent changes in programs available to me?
What can an Elder Benefit Specialist help you with?
- Medicare, Part A, B,& D
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance/Medicare Health Plans
- Medicare Savings Programs
- Medical Assistance Programs
- Homestead Tax Credit
- Food Share Program
- Power of Attorney for Health Care/Advance Directives
Medicare 101 Presentations
Are you or someone you know on Medicare or will be going on Medicare? If so, you may want to attend this informational session (Medicare 101) for an overview of Medicare Parts A, B, C, D and other insurance options.
Elder Chore Program
To enable persons ages 60 and over to hire someone to complete chores they cannot do on their own.