TEMPORARY changes for Chippewa County Sheriff's Office
Due to the developments of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office is doing its part to promote social distancing, public health and ultimately “flattening the curve” to help prevent the rapid spread of the disease. This requires the Sheriff’s Office to adjust some of the services provided to the community until the pandemic is under control. Please be advised of the following:
• The front window of the Sheriff’s Office and jail will not be open to the public for standard business Monday through Friday.
• While the front window of the Sheriff’s Office and jail are closed, the Sheriff’s Office will continue to conduct business by answering your phone calls and responding to calls for service. Law enforcement services are still accessible and active 24 hours a day. Deputies will still respond to complaints of crime and other issues surrounding quality of life in the county. We understand these changes may be difficult and we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you. This change of service is expected to last through May 31, 2020. As more is learned about COVID-19 and its spread the re-opening of the front window of the Sheriff’s Office and jail may be expedited or extended. The Sheriff’s Office will update you if the office hours change or the front window of the Sheriff’s Office and jail are re-opened.
• If you wish to speak with a deputy to file a report please call dispatch at 715-726-7701 and ask to speak with a deputy.
• If you wish to make an open records request you may call 715-726-7724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and make your request. The request results will be emailed or mailed to you depending on the size and scope of your request.
• When you request to speak with deputy you may be asked to meet in an open-air environment to minimize the exposure to viruses and promote social distancing.
• If your interaction requires privacy due to the sensitive nature of your incident you will be accommodated.
• Additionally, if you are involved in an emergency please do not hesitate to call 911 for an immediate response.
For more information related to the COVID-19 at the latest updates please visit the following sites:
WI Dept. of Health and Human Services https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/covid-19.htm Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html World Health Organization (WHO) https://who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Chippewa County Public Health https://www.co.chippewa.wi.us/government/public-health
The listed websites are updated continuously and contain a wealth of information regarding the virus and how you can minimize your exposure.
Lastly, if you have any questions relating to our law enforcement services please call 715-726-7826 Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 2:30 pm and we will do our best to help you.
Thank you for all your support and understanding.
Sheriff James L Kowalczyk