To qualify for most Wisconsin state veterans’ benefits, programs, or services, a veteran must first establish general eligibility for Wisconsin state veterans’ benefits. Eligibility criteria for Wisconsin state veterans’ benefits, programs, and services, including exceptions to minimum military service requirements, are set in state law (Wis. Stats. Ch. 45). General eligibility consists of two broad requirements:
- Military Service
- Wisconsin Residency
Specific programs/benefits may have additional requirements; please check the specific program or benefit for any additional requirements.
- Education benefits including VetEd program, retraining grant and WI GI Bill
- Veterans Assistance Program/Homeless program Northern Center
- Wisconsin Veterans Homes(nursing- King Union Grove, Chippewa Falls)
- Healthcare aid grants including dental, hearing aids and glasses
How to Apply
- If you’re a Chippewa County resident, contact our office to schedule an appointment.