|Register in Probate/Probate Registrar/
Acting Probate Court Commissioner
|Jessica L Hermann
|Deputy Register in Probate
|Deputy Register in Probate||Kriss Anderson
|Deputy Register in Probate||Jennifer Lee
|Deputy Register in Probate||Kimberly Ryan|
The Office of the Register in Probate coordinates the judicial duties and administrative functions of the Probate Court. The position is a multi-function position and assists in the probate of all estate proceedings.
- Manages all probate files and administrative proceedings, wills filed for safekeeping, trusts, guardianships, conservatorships, protective placements, mental, alcohol and drug abuse commitment records, terminations of parental rights, and adoptions;
- Provides assistance to the public and attorneys with court procedure for wills, probate, guardianship, conservatorship, protective placement, termination of parental rights and adoption cases;
- Protects all court records for probate cases;
- Maintains confidentiality status of appropriate files;
- Provides assistance to the public regarding access to open records;
- Collects fees required by statute.
The Register in Probate is an appointed position by the Circuit Court Judges of Chippewa County.
The Probate Registrar handles the administration of all informal proceedings, testate and intestate. The Probate Registrar advises as to the legal preparation of any documents but may not give legal advice to the personal representative.