who do not meet the eligibility criteria for Family Care
- Consultation on topics related to transition such as health care coverage, employment, IEP transition goals, independent living, guardianship, diagnosis specific information and more
- Referrals to community agencies that provide services to assist with transition to the adult world. We can help with barriers and problem solving when resources are hard to find.
- Tips for young adults on developing their own advocacy skills.
- Information about trainings, support groups, parent to parent support and more.
We can assist individuals and families with:
- Transition to adult health care financing resources including SSI
- Guardianship/decision-making/self-determination options
- Special education transition planning
- Transition from pediatric to adult health care
- Post-secondary and Vocational resources
- Resources related to peer support, community inclusion, recreation, day programming, futures planning, volunteer opportunities and more.
The Western Regional Center has been serving families of children and youth with special needs and/or disabilities, birth to 21 years, since 2000. The Center has numerous resources such as brochures, information on camps, respite programs, and transition topics. The Center's website also provides additional information online. We are located in room #121 on the first floor in the Chippewa County Courthouse and our services are free of charge.
Please Contact us to make an appointment