We know that there are many individuals and families in our communities that struggle to make ends meet. We're here to help you navigate your way to the resources you need. Our goal is to assist and empower you to rise above economic challenges to improve your quality of life.

Governor Walker and the Wisconsin Legislature have approved a $100 rebate for sales and tax paid on purchases made for raising a dependent child in 2017. Dependents must be under 18 years old as of December 31, 2017. It is a simple online process:  https://childtaxrebate.wi.gov

A Range of Services to Meet Your Needs
The Economic Support Division has many resources to help you live a better life. From food resources to child or health care needs, Chippewa County can help. We make it easy for you to get the assistance you need.

Food and Health Care Resources

Food Share & SNAP - Support for those with limited money to buy the food they need for good health.

Food Share Wisconsin
Medical Assistance & Medicaid
Wisconsin Medicaid
Health Insurance Marketplace

Child Care Resources
Child Care Services - Financial child care assistance
Energy Assistance
Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program


Know Your Rights
In accordance with Federal Civil Rights Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulation and  policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8399. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at U.S Department of Agriculture, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail:  U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. Fax:  (202) 690-7442
  3. Email:  program.intake@usda.gov