In accordance with sec. 349.16, Wisconsin Statutes, a temporary gross weight limit of six tons on any one axle and ten tons on any tandem axle less than eight feet apart will be in effect beginning at 7:00 am on Friday, March 9th, 2018, on all Chippewa County Trunk Highways east of STH 27 and all Chippewa County Trunk Highways north of STH 64. Temporary weight limits are typically in effect for 5-6 weeks, depending on weather and roadway conditions.
County Trunk Highways in these areas that will not be posted are:
- CTH SS Bloomer to New Auburn
- CTH X
- CTH D Boyd to CTH X
- All Chippewa County Highways located within the limits of incorporated cities & villages.
In addition to the above areas, the following County Trunk Highways will also be posted:
- CTH J STH 29 to CTH K
- CTH OO CTH P to CTH K
- CTH TT CTH K to STH 27
- CTH P Eau Claire County Line to CTH OO
- CTH UN Eau Claire County Line to CTH P
- CTH K CTH S to STH 27
- CTH R STH 64 to STH 178
- CTH XX Eau Claire County Line CTH O
- CTH MM CTH X to Clark County Line
- CTH ZZ STH 64 to STH 178
- CTH M Dunn County Line to CTH X
- CTH N Dunn County Line to CTH T
- CTH A Dunn County Line to CTH DD South
- CTH DD STH 40 to CTH M
- CTH C STH 40 to CTH Q
Please see the Spring Weight Limits Map for locations.
This is a critical period of time for the county highways and we request support and cooperation for this temporary load limit. Chippewa County will be enforcing the posted seasonal weight limits and penalties may be imposed under Sec. 348.21, Wis. Statutes for violations. If it appears necessary to place restrictions on any other Chippewa County Trunk Highways during this time, signs will be installed as required.
Brian M. Kelley, PE