The Chippewa County Drug Court Program is a court that is specifically designated and staffed to handle cases involving drug offenders through an intensive, judicially monitored program of alcohol and drug treatment, rehabilitation services, and strict community supervision.
Goals of the Chippewa County Drug Court Program
1. Help the Drug Court participant break the cycle of dependence.
2. Reduce drug and alcohol related crimes, as well as other unrelated crimes, to increase community safety.
3. Ensure the Drug Court participant begins the Drug Court program as soon as possible.
4. Offer effective sanctions, rewards, and treatment programming.
5. Increase employment stability and encourage participants to obtain an HSED/GED.
6. Ensure the Drug Court participant contributes to all Court related costs.