Who do I contact if I have questions about Family?
Clerk of Courts Office
711 North Bridge Street
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
715-726-7758 Extension 6
How do I file for Divorce/Legal Separation?
- Basic guide to divorce/legal separation
- Chippewa County Requirements/Checklist
- Parenting Class Options – The final hearing for dissolution of the marriage will not be held until the parties have attended and completed a Parent Education Session.
An annulment is a court procedure that declares that a marriage never existed. A court may annul a marriage only under limited circumstances. Short term marriage is not a legal reason for annulment. See Wisconsin Statute 767.313.
How do I file a Motion?
- Motion to Change Placement, Custody and Support: $50 filing fee o Form FA-4170 and Order for Mediation Form
- Motion to Change ONLY Support or Maintenance: $30 filing fee Form FA-4170
- Order to Show Cause for Remedial Contempt: No filing fee required Form FA-4171
What if I can’t pay the filing fee?
Petition for Waiver of Fees and Costs - Affidavit of Indigency and Order – Form CV-410A
How can I get a copy of my divorce or court order?
- Go in person to the Clerk of Courts in the county the case is filed and provide a case number or enough information for the clerk to locate the file. If it’s an archived file a $5.00 search fee may be required.
- You may also request copies by phone or by mail. Payment will be required before the documents may be sent or picked up.
- No forms available - must draft own original forms
- Filing fee required
- Contact Clerk of Courts Office for more information or seek legal assistance
FREE LEGAL CLINIC - PUBLIC INVITED
- FOURTH WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH
6:30 to 8:00 PM - Chippewa Falls Public Library
- Volunteer Attorneys will be on hand to answer general questions and provide basic information about your legal questions.
- Chippewa Falls Public Library Sponsored by: The Chippewa County Bar Association, The State Bar of Wisconsin & The Chippewa Falls Public Library
715-723-1138 • 403 N. High Street Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
715-839-6295 • 721 Oxford Avenue Eau Claire, WI 54703