Burial benefits maybe available for the family if he was a war time veteran.
Benefits for the family
- Burial Allowance for veterans who had service connected disabilities or were in receipt of VA Pension at the time of death, or died in a VA Facility, or the State Veterans Homes.
- Burial markers for an eligible veteran. Federal government pays for the marker, but the family must pay for installation. A spouse is not eligible if in a private cemetery.
- Registration for interment to Federal Cemeteries
- Registration for interment to State Cemeteries
- Burial Flag coordinated through local Funeral Homes
- Presidential Memorial Certificates
- State of Wisconsin Veterans Cemeteries. The Federal Cemetery is located at Ft. Snelling (Minneapolis). Northern Wisconsin Cemetery completed in Spooner
- Flag Holders for Chippewa County Cemeteries that allow them.
Benefits for the Spouse
- Death Indemnity Compensation available to the surviving spouse of a veteran who died from Service Connected Disabilities
- Death Pension available to the surviving spouse of a wartime veteran, who is also low income
How to Apply
- If you’re a Chippewa County resident, call our office to schedule an appointment.