A variety of services are provided for people 60+ years of age through the Senior Nutrition Program, including Meals on Wheels, Senior Dining and Liquid Supplements. The Senior Nutrition Program promotes good health behaviors through nutrition screenings, education, counseling and intervention. Many older adults do not get adequate nutrition, which can impact health conditions & overall quality of life and well-being.
Programs are funded under the federal Older Americans Act dollars, State funding and participant donations. No eligible person is denied a meal due to inability to pay. We ask all participants to give a contribution within their means.
Meals comply with the Dietary Guidelines For Americans and MyPlate (choosemyplate.gov) provide at least one-third of the Recommended Dietary Allowances for an older person. The purpose of the program is to provide nutrition services that assist older individuals to live independently with improved nutrition.
Our Nutrition Advisory Council meets bi-monthly to discuss things related to the Senior Nutrition Program, capture feedback from consumers/family members, and allow consumers the opportunity to be part of future program planning.
- Contact us for more information
- Phone: (715) 738-2590
Other Nutrition Resources
- Mom's Meals www.momsmeals.com 1-866-971-6667
- Homestyle Direct www.homestyledirect.com 1-866-735-0921
- Minute Meals www.mealsforme.com 1-888-519-4115
- Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources http://gwaar.org/for-seniors-and-families/elderly-nutrition-program-for-seniors.html