Telecommunicator of the Year
Every year during the second week of April, the telecommunications personnel in the public safety community, are honored. This week-long event is a time to celebrate and thank those who dedicate their lives to serving the public. It is a week that should be set aside so everyone can be made aware of their hard work and dedication.
It’s very fitting that Wisconsin Public Safety Communications (WIPSCOM) announces a Telecommunicator of the Year for the entire state this week.
The Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office is pleased to announce that our own Wade Davis was selected as this year’s Telecommunicator of the Year.
Some of the criteria to be selected as Telecommunicator of the Year are:
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward all aspects of the job.
- Demonstrates a willingness to participate as a team player.
- Actions which reflect the highest traditions of public safety service.
- Demonstrates his or her knowledge of the profession.
- Performance above and beyond the call of duty in a daily routine.
- Held in high esteem by colleagues.
- Demonstrates exceptional courage, foresight, alertness and skill in the performance of his or her profession.
- Acts of valuable communications services, special faithfulness and perseverance.
Wade was nominated by Chippewa County Sheriff’s Deputies Chris Thibado and Craig Fleischhacker, who knew that he demonstrated the qualities above. This shows the trust and respect they have for their Telecommunicators in Chippewa County.
WIPSCOM representatives Bob Frank, Chairman of the 9-1-1 Subcommitte and Paul Logan, Operations Manager for Dane County travelled to Chippewa from Madison to congratulate Wade on his achievement. Wade will be further recognized during the WIPSCOM conference in May.
Congratulations Wade and many thanks to all our Telecommunicators for the exceptional job you do every day!
Chippewa County Sheriff's Office
32 East Spruce Street
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
Office (715) 726-7713
Communications Center (715) 726-7701
Records (715) 726-7703
Jail (715) 726-7704
Fax (715) 723-6471